ESOL Volunteer Information
Village ESOL provides volunteers with opportunities to “Live the Gospel” as we serve neighbors who want to focus on improving their English language skills. Please consider joining our team! There are a variety of ways you can participate, including opportunities if you don’t want to be a teacher:
• Hospitality: Serve by making our students (all of them are adults) feel welcome and comfortable.
• Childcare Helper: Assists our regular nursery staff in caring for young children, thus allowing parents to attend ESOL classes.
• Classroom Assistant: Assists the classroom lead teacher to organize the classroom, assist with handouts, and offer one-on-one help to students who might need extra attention.
• Lead Teacher: Organizes teaching material, plans lessons, and leads group activities. Our curriculum is professionally developed and is accompanied by a large array of teacher helps both printed and online. No teaching experience is required – we will train you.
• Tutor: Helps non-native English-speakers improve their English language skills primarily through conversation practice. No teaching experience is required.
• NEW – EVENING CLASSES! We want to add evening classes to our program and we need hospitality and teaching volunteers who can help us reach that goal. If you are able to serve one or two evenings per week let us know.
Join us as we serve our English learning community! Please fill out this form and we’ll be in touch: Complete a Volunteer Application.