Village is a community of believers that places a high value on relationships and service. We strongly believe that the more people we have to contribute to the life of the community, the more we’ll see it thrive, our relationships deepen, and the Gospel at work. For this reason, our desire is to cultivate an environment that provides many opportunities for everyone to get involved.
[call_to_action_small title=”Serving during the week” /]
- The Village Community Garden started in 2011 with the goal of reaching out to our neighbors, meeting needs and building relationship with them. There are many ways to get involved with this ministry and support those in need.
- For more information or if you have any questions please visit the community garden page.
Thank you for your generous donations. The Village food bank assists families in the community and at Barnes Elementary. Please continue to touch lives by giving these items this month:
- Apple juice (64 oz max)
- Canned beans (black, pinto, red or white)
- Canned beef or lentil soup (or other high protein)
- Whole grain spaghetti or other pasta
- We serve at Barnes Elementary in various ways throughout the year. For more information contact Insil Kang.
- Please join us every 4th Sunday to serve homeless people at Portland Rescue Mission. We serve from 5:30 to 7:30 pm by serving food, talking with homeless guests and leading a chapel service. This is a great opportunity to live out the calling of Jesus to serve hurting people in need of food and friendship
- Portland Rescue Mission has been serving the Portland community since 949 and exists to share the Word of God and demonstrate the love of Christ to transform the lives of homeless and addicted people.
- For more information or if you have any questions please Connect with us.[/list]
- PRM is located at: 111 W. Burnside
Portland, OR 97209