- This event has passed.
Portland Rescue Mission – Burnside Shelter
March 28 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
One event on February 22, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on March 28, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on April 25, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on May 23, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on June 27, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on July 25, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on August 22, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on September 26, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on October 24, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on November 28, 2020 at 5:30 pm
One event on December 26, 2020 at 5:30 pm
- We are committed to serving at PRM every fourth Saturday of the month at 111 West Burnside, for their dinner and chapel time. Dinner is served from 6pm to 7:30pm, and then Chapel service is half an hour. Please arrive by 5:30pm at PRM.
- Please stay for the chapel service and worship with the guests who will stay the night at the mission. We are excited to welcome back Pei Ru Wang who will be speaking at the chapel service.
- If you would like to carpool, meet at Village by 4:50pm, at the lot by the double glass doors. (The north entry to the sanctuary building, opposite the cafe entrance.)
- There is 90 minute street parking right around PRM, which if you arrive at 5:30pm, will last you until free parking begins at 7pm. There are longer parking options, but just a bit further away from PRM.
- If you take the MAX, there is a stop directly under Burnside and the Mission, the Skidmore Fountain stop.
- When you arrive to PRM, go to the main, Burnside entrance and ring the bell. Let the front desk know you are from Village. *There is some remodeling happening, so the front desk staff will then direct you to the door on the left, the dining room door. You will be given a volunteer badge and keys to a mini locker if you need to stow a purse or jacket. If there are no lockers available when you arrive, don’t worry, we can share!
- Please note that when you arrive the dinner service guests will already be lined up and waiting to get inside. Often an “excuse me” will get you through to get to the front door. The reality is, PRM community members are often suffering physical or mental illness, and have been ignored and are not expecting anyone to be kind to them. Please keep an open mind to that context surrounding the words or behavior from the PRM guests.
- Once inside our amazing Village leaders will greet you and give you your instructions for the evening.