Portland Rescue Mission-Burnside Mission
February 23 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every month that begins at 5:30pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until February 29, 2020
- We are committed to serving at PRM, 111 West Burnside, for their dinner and chapel time, every fourth Saturday of the month. Dinner is served from 6pm to 7:30pm, and then Chapel service is half an hour. Please arrive by 5:30pm at PRM.
- Please stay for the chapel service and worship with the guests who will stay the night at the mission.
- If you would like to carpool, meet at Village by 4:50pm, at the lot by the double glass doors. (The north entry to the sanctuary building, opposite the cafe entrance.)
- There is 90 minute street parking right around PRM, which if you arrive at 5:30pm, will last you until free parking begins at 7pm. There are longer parking options, but just a bit further away from PRM.
- If you take the MAX, there is a stop directly under Burnside and the Mission, the Skidmore Fountain stop.
- When you arrive to PRM, go to the main, Burnside entrance and ring the bell. Let the front desk know you are from Village. You will be given a volunteer badge and keys to a mini locker if you need to stow a purse or jacket. If there are no lockers available when you arrive, don’t worry, we can share!
- Please note that when you arrive the dinner service guests will already be lined up and waiting to get inside. Often an “excuse me” will get you through to get to the front door. The reality is, PRM community members are often suffering physical or mental illness, and have been ignored and are not expecting anyone to be kind to them. Please keep an open mind to that context surrounding the words or behavior from the PRM guests.
- Once inside our Village leaders will greet you and give you your instructions for the evening.